Thursday, June 29, 2017

Aaron Judge quiets heckling White Sox fans with 418-foot home run

Once again Aaron Judge used his bat to make noise and with one giant swing Wednesday night also silenced some loudmouth White Sox fans who had been yelling "Aaron! Aaron! You suck!" all game long from the right-field stands where he stands guard.


The big guy slammed a 418-foot, two-run homer to left in the sixth inning of the Yankees’ 12-3 victory over Chicago but the shot left a mouth gag that covered the other side of Guaranteed Rate Field as well.



After the game the usually humble Judge admitted that he looked toward the rowdy fans as he rounded the bases after hitting his 27th homer of the year.

“I did. I did. I like having some fun with the fans,” Judge said. “They were heckling me pretty good out there. I’m not going to say anything to them. I just gave them a little peak as I rounded the bases. I was just having some fun with them. They were kind of razzing me when I got back out there.”

“Just smiling, having a good time,” Judge said. “It is fun to play this game. Someone razzes you a little bit, just having fun. It was all good. They were getting on me pretty good.”  

Joining Judge in the shushing was Masahiro Tanaka who won a game for the first time in nearly two months — keeping the Yankees in the top spot of the AL East.

1 comment: